Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 cup lemonade, Minute Maid
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander, ground
- 1⁄2 lb shrimp, size 16-20 count, cleaned and de-veined
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 1⁄3 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon shallot, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley, chopped
- 5 ounces romaine lettuce, heart inner leaves, trimmed
- 1 medium lemon, skin and pit removed, cut to 1/8-inch slices
- 1 medium star fruit, cut to 1/8-inch slices (optional)
- Combine ½ cup lemonade and ¼ teaspoon coriander for marinade. Add shrimp and marinate for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Prepare vinaigrette by placing ½ cup lemonade, shallot, and remaining coriander in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce to ¼ cup, about 15 minutes. Cool. Whisk 1½ tablespoons of olive oil into the lemonade reduction and season with salt. Chill.
- Remove shrimp from marinade and drain. Discard marinade. Season shrimp with salt and black pepper. Dredge in flour and shake off excess. Dip in egg white and drain excess. Press shrimp into coconut to coat on all sides.
- Heat remaining olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp and sauté on first side until golden brown, about 3-5 minutes. Carefully turn shrimp over and sauté until shrimp are cooked through, about 3-5 minutes. Hold warm.
- Add parsley to vinaigrette and whisk to blend. Place a small bed of four romaine leaves on each serving plate. Top with lemon slices and star fruit, if using. Drizzle with vinaigrette. Add shrimp and serve.