Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe came from a Christmas edition "ladies" magazine, but I can't remember which one. They are very rich, but oh so delicious!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar, divided
- 1 cup flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups coconut
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lemons, rind of
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Cream butter and 1/2 cup light brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add 1 cup flour and 1/2 tsp salt, mixing well.
- Press mixture evenly into a 9x13 pan and bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes.
- Combine remaining ingredients in small mixing bowl.
- Spread evenly over baked mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until light brown.
- Let cool slightly.
- Beat butter and powdered sugar until well mixed.
- Add lemon juice and lemon peel, mixing well.
- Spread lemon frosting on top.
- Cut into squares.
These are wonderful! Very easy to make, and everyone loves them. Have taken them to "ladies" functions twice in less than a month. My new favourite square!