Prep 10 mins
Cook 17 mins
These are currently my DH's favorite scones.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold butter
- 2⁄3 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 375°F, spray two baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in butter, add coconut and lemon zest.
- Mix eggs and milk, add to the flour mixture, but don't over mix.
- Use a scoop to divide the scones, then sprinkle with the almonds.
- Bake for 17 minutes.