Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
An easy to make pie with a delicate lemon flavor. Similar to a pecan pie in consistancy, but made with coconut.
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups coconut
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie crust
- In mixing bowl, beat eggs.
- Melt the butter and add it to the eggs along with the sugar. Mix well.
- Add lemon juice and coconut to this mixture.
- Pour into unbaked pie crust and bake at 400 degrees for 35-45 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Pie tends to get too dark before it's done so I usually cover the edges with foil when it starts to get too brown.
- Let cool and serve.