My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 ounce) can coconut cream, stirred well in can (not coconut milk)
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 (16 ounce) frozen family-size poundcake, not thawed
- 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped coconut
- 2/3 cup bottled lemon curd
- 1Coat an 8- or 9-inch springform pan with nonstick spray.
- 2Scrape cream of coconut into a bowl.
- 3Sprinkle gelatin over the water in a medium saucepan.
- 4Let stand 1 minute, then stir with a heatproof plastic spatula over medium-low heat until gelatin granules completely dissolve and liquid.
- 5begins to steam.
- 6Stir in half the cream of coconut and heat just until warm, then stir into cream of coconut remaining in bowl.
- 7Refrigerate, stirring occa- sionally, 20 minutes or until consistency of egg whites.
- 8Meanwhile cut brown crust off frozen poundcake with a long knife so cake.
- 9resembles a yellow brick.
- 10Cut cake crosswise into 18 slices (see Tip).
- 11Cut each slice diagonally to form 36 triangles.
- 12Cover bottom of prepared pan with half the triangles, trimming to fit as needed (you may have some left if using an 8-inch pan).
- 13Mousse: Stir a large spoonful of whipped topping into the gelatin mixture until combined.
- 14Fold in remaining topping until blended.
- 15Spoon 1 cup into a small bowl, cover, refrigerate and reserve.
- 16Fold the chopped coconut and lemon curd into the remaining Mousse (see Note).
- 17To assemble: Spoon half the mousse onto cake in pan; spread into an even layer.
- 18Top with remaining cake, cut to fit, then remaining mousse.
- 19Cover pan and refrigerate at least 5 hours or until mousse is firm.
- 20Shortly before serving: Remove sides of pan.
- 21Using 2 broad spatulas, lift cake off springform-pan base onto a serving platter.
- 22Stir reserved mousse to soften.
- 23Spread in a thin layer on top and sides of cake.
- 24Press remaining 1 cup coconut onto sides and sprinkle on top; garnish with lemon slices.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut-lemon Mousse Cake
Serving Size: 1 (121 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 368.8
- Calories from Fat 228
- Total Fat 25.3 g
- Saturated Fat 19.9 g
- Cholesterol 84.1 mg
- Sodium 209.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 13.9 g
- Protein 4.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: