- 2 2⁄3 cups coconut
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 lemons, rind of, grated
- 1⁄3 cup flour
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium pan combine coconut, sugar, 1 egg white, lemon rind and strained lemon juice. Stir over a low heat until lukewarm, cool.
- Beat remaining egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Gradually fold egg whites into cooled mixture. Add sifted flour, combine gently.
- Place mixture in heaped teaspoonfuls on greased oven trays which have been lightly dusted with cornflour.
- Bake in slow oven 30 minutes.
- Cool on trays.