Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I had some left over coconut milk and finally tried this, and loved it! For the sweetener I used 1/2 ounce erythritol (three sachets) which is only 70 percent as sweet as sugar. So this was about two teaspoons real sugar, I guess. Feel free to use other sweeteners to taste. I used 1 inch real vanilla bean but you can use vanilla extract or vanilla sugar to taste. The vanilla should not overpower the coconut and lemon flavour, though.
- Peel 1/2 lemon (big strips so you can easily remove them from the coconut milk with a fork) and put the peel into the coconut milk.
- Slowly warm the coconut milk.
- While coconut milk is slowly warming, brew one cup of your favourite coffee with 1 inch real vanilla bean in the coffee pot.
- While coffee is running through, increase heat and bring coconut milk to a boil. Remove lemon peel with a fork; discard.
- Remove vanilla bean from coffee.
- Pour into mug and stir in sugar or other sweetener to taste.
- If using vanilla extract or vanilla sugar, add it to coffee.
- Top with hot coconut milk.
I trhought this was okay...for me the coconut milk overpowered the taste of the coffee instead of complementing it, I would have liked the coffee to "stand out" a bit more.