Recipe by Pabbit
This is like a brownie Almond Joy. My husband loves brownies, macaroons, and Almond Joys. This is a mix of all of the above!
Top Review by Bayhill
OH MY GOSH!! These are sooo good. My family gave 2 big thumbs up for these brownies. Chocolate, coconut, and almonds...what more could anyone want. The only change I made was to use milk chocolate chips instead of the semi-sweet (just a personal preference). I will definitely be making these again and again. Thank you for sharing this delicious recipe.
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 cups flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup almonds, chopped,halved or whole
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt chocolate and butter in microwave (up to 2 minutes).
- Set aside.
- Beat eggs slightly.
- Add vanilla and sugar and mix.
- Mix in chocolate mixture.
- Mix in flour and salt.
- Pour half in greased 13 x 9 pan In a separate bowl, combine milk, coconut and extracts.
- Carefully spread over brownie mix in pan.
- I spread with dabs of mix in my figures.
- Sticky but effective.
- Dab remaining brownie dough over coconut.
- Spread to cover.
- Bake at 325 F for 40-45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with chips.
- Allow to soften and then spread.
- Srinkle on nuts.
- Cool slightly before cutting.
- Cool completely before removing from pan.