1 hr 5 mins
This is like a brownie Almond Joy. My husband loves brownies, macaroons, and Almond Joys. This is a mix of all of the above!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 cups flaked coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup almonds, chopped,halved or whole
- 1Melt chocolate and butter in microwave (up to 2 minutes).
- 3Set aside.
- 4Beat eggs slightly.
- 5Add vanilla and sugar and mix.
- 6Mix in chocolate mixture.
- 7Mix in flour and salt.
- 8Pour half in greased 13 x 9 pan In a separate bowl, combine milk, coconut and extracts.
- 9Carefully spread over brownie mix in pan.
- 10I spread with dabs of mix in my figures.
- 11Sticky but effective.
- 12Dab remaining brownie dough over coconut.
- 13Spread to cover.
- 14Bake at 325 F for 40-45 minutes.
- 15Remove from oven and sprinkle with chips.
- 16Allow to soften and then spread.
- 17Srinkle on nuts.
- 18Cool slightly before cutting.
- 19Cool completely before removing from pan.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Layered Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (80 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 487.5
- Calories from Fat 224
- Total Fat 24.9 g
- Saturated Fat 13.8 g
- Cholesterol 63.9 mg
- Sodium 300.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 51.8 g
- Protein 8.0 g