Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Sweet coconut balls that are delicious and very easy to make.
- 396.89 g can sweetened condensed milk
- 709.77-828.06 ml unsweetened dry coconut powder
- 6 cardamom pods
- 14.79 ml slivered almonds
- 4.92 ml clarified butter, divided (ghee)
- Pour the condensed milk into a heavy saucepan and heat over medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the coconut powder and stir until the mixture leaves the sides of the pan and becomes sticky.
- Turn off heat and let it cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel the cardmom pods and grind the seeds. If you don't have a mortar and pestle set, just place the seeds between 2 thickly folded pieces of cling wrap and crush it with any flat, reasonably heavy object.
- Add the cardamom powder to the coconut mixture and mix well.
- In a small pan, heat half the clarified butter and roast the almonds until golden brown. Set aside.
- Grease your hands with a little clarified butter from the remaining half and start forming balls with the coconut mixture.
- The ladoos should be roughly the size of golf balls and smoothened between your greased palms.
- Decorate each ladoo with a few slivers of the almonds you roasted in step 6.