1/1 Photo of Coconut Ladoo
Sweet coconut balls that are delicious and very easy to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pour the condensed milk into a heavy saucepan and heat over medium flame for 2 minutes.
- 2Add the coconut powder and stir until the mixture leaves the sides of the pan and becomes sticky.
- 3Turn off heat and let it cool for 5-10 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, peel the cardmom pods and grind the seeds. If you don't have a mortar and pestle set, just place the seeds between 2 thickly folded pieces of cling wrap and crush it with any flat, reasonably heavy object.
- 5Add the cardamom powder to the coconut mixture and mix well.
- 6In a small pan, heat half the clarified butter and roast the almonds until golden brown. Set aside.
- 7Grease your hands with a little clarified butter from the remaining half and start forming balls with the coconut mixture.
- 8The ladoos should be roughly the size of golf balls and smoothened between your greased palms.
- 9Decorate each ladoo with a few slivers of the almonds you roasted in step 6.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Ladoo
Serving Size: 1 (409 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 53.8
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 5.8 mg
- Sodium 20.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 1.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dry coconut powder