Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
A pretty dessert from a grocery store circular.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 dash salt
- 2 tablespoons lime juice or 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 3 kiwi fruits, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup sliced strawberry
- 1 (8 ounce) container mascarpone cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Melt butter in a medium bowl in the microwave; stir in flour, coconut, corn syrup, sugar and salt until thoroughly mixed. Divide batter equally into 12 mounds on baking sheet (six to a sheet).
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown around the edges. Allow to cool completely on sheets.
- Meanwhile, mix lime juice and powdered sugar in a small bowl; set aside.
- Combine kiwi and berries in a large bowl with 2 tablespoons of lime juice mixture.
- Stir mascarpone cheese into remaining juice.
- Just before serving, place a dollop of cheese mixture on 6 serving plates. Top with a wafer cookie, another dollop of cheese and another wafer. Spoon fruit onto the side of each wafer stack.