Prep 1 hr
Cook 5 mins
These candies are super easy and delicious--coconut and Rice Krispies coated with milk chocolate and just enough salt to accent the flavors.
- 2 cups chocolate chips (I use milk chocolate, but semi-sweet or dark would be fine too)
- 1 cup crispy rice cereal
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- In a medium-large sized microwave-safe mixing bowl, microwave chocolate chips for 30 seconds. Stir and repeat microwaving at 30-second intervals until chocolate is melted and smooth (about 2-3 more times).
- Add Rice Krispies, coconut and salt to chocolate and gently stir and fold until thoroughly combined.
- Onto a large cookie sheet lined with waxed paper, spoon mixture by rounded teaspoonfuls.
- Allow to set at room temperature for 1 hour or until solid. I prefer refrigerating for about 30 minutes for faster, easier setting.