Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a very krispie cookie, the brown sugar and coconut mixed with the oatmeal makes it a light and flavorful cookie. The dough rolls can be frozen for up to 2 months if stored in a ziplock freezer bag. Great for unexpected guests, as it only takes 10 minutes to slice and bake. This cookie recipe is the most requested at hubby's pool league games. Number of cookies depends on how thick you slice them.
- In a mixing bowl, combine sugars,butter, shortening, eggs and vanilla, blend well.
- Add in flour mixture (flour,salt,baking soda), mix until just blended, add coconut, and oatmeal, blend, then add rice krispies.
- Roll mixture in 3 rolls;about 2 1/2" size, squeezing to form a solid roll, wrap in plastic wrap. (Don't stress if the rolls aren't perfectly round,cookies turn out roundish anyway). If you will be freezing for a long period of time, wrap again in wax paper and place in a freezer bag.
- Slice cookies (about 1/4") place on ungreased cookie sheet bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes, until cookies are lighlty brown (if you like a less crispy cookie) or medium brown (for a more crispy cookie).
- Grab the milk and chow down.
Wowee...are these ever a tasty cookie. Love the addition mixing of oats, coconut and ricekrispies together. I froze two rolls and kept on roll out for baking. I got 10 cookies per roll.
Made for PRMR.