Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is for coconut lovers, and the recipe produces a moist cake that can be easily made in one single bowl!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, plus
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups unsweetened dried shredded coconut
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Grease a bundt pan and set aside. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl slightly microwave butter so it is soft.
- Combine eggs, milk and the condensed milk. Add shredded coconut, flour and baking powder.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and pop it into the preheated oven.
- Bake for about 30-40 minutes or until golden and toothpick comes out clean from the center of the cake. Let cool for ten minutes and transfer to cake platter to cool.
I made this cake because I love coconut. For my taste it was a little too heavy. Moist but heavy. My guy asked me to make up some frosting for it and I did. He enjoyed it more with the frosting added. Turned out nicely , just not a make again for us.
Great cake! Makes a nice,dense,coconut style pound cake. Tastes better when cold!
We loved this cake Marz. It was so good and it tasted even better the next day. This recipes makes a nice, tall, dense, flavorful cake. The flavour and texture of the cake is outstanding. Thank you so much for sharing.