Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
from the boastful baker.
- 1⁄2 cup key lime juice, fresh
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 5 egg yolks
- whipped cream (for garnish)
- 1⁄2 toasted coconut (for garnish)
coconut graham cracker pie crust
- 1 1⁄4 cups graham cracker crumbs, crushed (approximately 12 graham crackers)
- 1⁄2 cup toasted sweetened coconut flakes, crushed
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 7 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- For the crust:.
- In a food processor, blend together graham cracker crumbs, coconut, and sugar.
- Add about 7 tablespoons melted butter. Pulse a few times. If it seems like it needs more butter add another tablespoon.
- Pour contents into an 11″ tart pan and press to form a shell.
- Bake crust for 10 minutes at 400 degrees.
- For pie:.
- Whisk sweetened condensed milk with the egg yolks.
- Stir in whipping cream and key lime juice.
- Pour into prepared coconut graham cracker crust and bake at 325° for 15 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature and refrigerate for at least an hour before slicing.