Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
We always made these for our Christmas Cookie plates. They are similar to the popular Mounds candy but the unsweetened chocolate gives it a bit more kick. You'll want to use REAL butter and not margarine or chefs spread and the quantity of candies you get will depend on how large you make them.
- In large saucepan melt one stick of butter.
- Add sugar and coconut to butter mixing until well blended.
- form balls of dough appx 1-2 teaspoons making thumbprint wells into middle of balls.
- Melt unsweetened chocolate in microwave safe bowl appx 1-2 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Pour melted chocolate into wells.
- Chill until chocolate is firm.
These are the BEST at Christmas! My mom has made these for the past 25 years or so and they go fast! Instead of using the unsweetened chocolate squares, I use the premelted unsweetened chocolate and snip a corner of it off. Less cleanup (which I like!)!!