Recipe by **Jubes**
This is a refreshing dessert. A great desert to serve after a chinese/asian meal. Serve with seasonal fruits, such as strawberries and kiwi-fruit or tinned mango or lychees. Agar-agar can be purchased at Chinese food stores
- 15 g agar-agar
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 90 g palm sugar
- 125 ml water
Directions See How It's Made
- Use a medium sized saucepan.
- Pour in the water. Soak the agar-agar briefly in the water to seperate the strands.
- Bring the water to the boil.
- Reduce heat a little before adding the 1/2 cup sugar, milk and coconut milk. Stir gentleyuntil it comes to the boilagain. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Rinse a shallow tray with cold water and do not dry. A lamington tray is a good size.
- Pout the jelly into the tray and refrigerate for at least two hours.
- For the syrup: Simmer the palm sugar and water until the sugar is dissolved; chill.
- TO Serve: cut the cocnut jelly into diamond shaped pieces. Spoon over the syrup adn serve with seasonal or tinned fruits.