Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a two layer jelly. This is a gelatin type of dessert made with Agar Agar.
- 4 teaspoons agar-agar, powder or 4 tablespoons agar-agar flakes
- 2 (14 ounce) cans coconut milk
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- Bring water to a boil.
- Mix agar agar with cold water before adding to boiling water.
- Mix agar agar solution in boiling water.
- Let cook for 5 minutes.
- Add sugar and cook till dissolved.
- Add coconut milk and vanilla.
- Cook 5 minutes.
- Pour in dish and cool in refrigerator.
- It will form two layer( a clear layer and a white layer).
Hi.....I've tried this recipe several times, but can't get it to form two layers. Can someone please help me and tell me what I'm doing wrong? I would really appreciate any suggestions.....thank you!!
Interesting and tasty. I used agar-agar powder, full fat coconut milk, vanilla paste and the taste was good. The texture was different than we are used to but I am not familiar with this type of cuisine. I won't make it again because DD (toddler) liked it while warm and not firmed up she would have ate it all that way! DH didn't like the texture I think as he just took a bite. I surprisingly liked the flavor a lot as I don't like coconut milk flavor! I wasn't too fond of the texture though.
I love this (so does my husband)! I didn't have vanilla so I used orange flavoring and it was quite refreshing. I had never used agar agar before and I'm super jazzed to try other things with it! My son won't eat it b/c of the thicker texture but I think that's my fault cuz I called it "jello." I only made 1/2 the recipe b/c I just wanted to try it out and wanted to see how it would react to certain molds and how it keeps in bento. I'm making it again as soon as I can! :D