Recipe by Lil Leasa
This is a mixture of different things I have tried with jasmine rice. Enjoy!
Top Review by AndreaCooks!
great recipe. I added two tablespoons of shredded coconut while it cooked and toasted some coconut to top it off with afterwards. Perfect! it looked so pretty I had to share a picture.
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oil (whatever kind you like)
- 1⁄2 limes, zest of (optional) or 1 teaspoon brown sugar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Rub oil on bottom of pot.
- Put the rice, coconut milk, water, and salt in a saucepan on med high heat stir occasionally until it comes to a gental boil. Add brown sugar if you decide to go with that option.
- Cover 3/4 of the way with lid and put on a med low heat gently simmer until liquid is mostly absorbed, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- When liquid is absorbed let it rest off of burner with the lid completely covering for 5 to 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork and stir in the lime zest if you decide to go with that option. Serve.