Recipe by Evie*
very popular slice
Top Review by AussieMel #2
This is a great easy recipe! I've been looking for quick slices that i can make while my baby is asleep and this one is fab. I used apricot jam instead of rasberry and it turned out delicious. My husband took most of the first batch in his lunch the next day and so i had to make more!!!
- 1 1⁄3 cups plain flour
- 1 tablespoon custard powder
- 150 g butter, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup icing sugar
- 1⁄3 cup raspberry jam (or your choice of jam)
- 1⁄3 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 180C degrees.
- lightly grease a shallow 20 x 30 cm tin.
- place flour, custard powder, butter and icing sugar in a food processor.
- process in short bursts until mixture begins to stick together.
- turn mixture onto a lightly floured surface and press together into a ball.
- press dough evenly into prepared tin and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- bake for 15 minutes or until just golden.
- set aside to cool.
- spread jam of your choice over the slice.
- whisk together the sugar and eggs until well combined, then stir in coconut.
- carefully spread this mixture over the jam, gently pressing down with the back of a spoon.
- bake for 20 minutes or until lightly golden.
- cut into fingers or squares when cold.