Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
very popular slice
- 1 1⁄3 cups plain flour
- 1 tablespoon custard powder
- 150 g butter, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup icing sugar
- 1⁄3 cup raspberry jam (or your choice of jam)
- 1⁄3 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- preheat oven to 180C degrees.
- lightly grease a shallow 20 x 30 cm tin.
- place flour, custard powder, butter and icing sugar in a food processor.
- process in short bursts until mixture begins to stick together.
- turn mixture onto a lightly floured surface and press together into a ball.
- press dough evenly into prepared tin and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- bake for 15 minutes or until just golden.
- set aside to cool.
- spread jam of your choice over the slice.
- whisk together the sugar and eggs until well combined, then stir in coconut.
- carefully spread this mixture over the jam, gently pressing down with the back of a spoon.
- bake for 20 minutes or until lightly golden.
- cut into fingers or squares when cold.
This is a great easy recipe! I've been looking for quick slices that i can make while my baby is asleep and this one is fab. I used apricot jam instead of rasberry and it turned out delicious. My husband took most of the first batch in his lunch the next day and so i had to make more!!!
These are a great slice for any occasion. The only thing i think that would add that lil something to this wonder recipe is if it was drizzled in warm jam. Just zig zagged across the top after its cool would really finish it off. Thanks for this wonderful new favourite.