1/2 Photos of Coconut Jaggery Barfi
An Indian candy-like sweet. The jaggery lends a unique carmel flavor. I use grated, desiccated coconut. Found this recipe on the internet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small pan, toast the cashews in a tsp of the ghee. Set aside.
- 2In a medium saucepan (low heat) cook jaggery and coconut until blended being watchful that the coconut does not burn.
- 3Add milk and stir 'til well blended.
- 4Add the rest of the ghee, cardamom, salt, and nuts.
- 5Cook stirring frequently 'til mixture is slightly pliable and begins to pull away from the sides of the pan.
- 6Spread in a greased pan and refrigerate 'til firm or overnight.
- 7Remove from pan (place bottom of pan in hot water a minute).
- 8On a cutting board, cut into diamonds or rectangles. Wrap in waxed paper if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Jaggery Barfi
Serving Size: 1 (78 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 387.5
- Calories from Fat 212
- Total Fat 23.5 g
- Saturated Fat 16.7 g
- Cholesterol 27.5 mg
- Sodium 153.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 41.4 g
- Protein 2.0 g