An Indian candy-like sweet. The jaggery lends a unique carmel flavor. I use grated, desiccated coconut. Found this recipe on the internet.
- In a small pan, toast the cashews in a tsp of the ghee. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan (low heat) cook jaggery and coconut until blended being watchful that the coconut does not burn.
- Add milk and stir 'til well blended.
- Add the rest of the ghee, cardamom, salt, and nuts.
- Cook stirring frequently 'til mixture is slightly pliable and begins to pull away from the sides of the pan.
- Spread in a greased pan and refrigerate 'til firm or overnight.
- Remove from pan (place bottom of pan in hot water a minute).
- On a cutting board, cut into diamonds or rectangles. Wrap in waxed paper if desired.