Recipe by Shirl (J) 831
My sister Pat gave me this recipe some time ago, it is a great treat for Christmas time.
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 ounces semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- 1⁄4 cup strong coffee
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup coconut
- coconut, for topping
- 1 1⁄2 ounces semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups icing sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift the flour, salt and soda together.
- melt the chocolate in the coffee over low heat.
- Cream the shortening and gradually add the brown sugar.
- Add the egg and the chocolate mixture, mixing until well blended.
- Add the sour cream alternately with the dry ingredients.
- Stir in the coconut.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto greased sheet.
- Bake 375.
- 12-15 minutes.
- Frost while warm and sprinkle with coconut.
- heat the chocolate, sour cream and butter in double boiler, stirring until the chocolate melts.
- remove from the heat and blend in icing sugar till it is spreadable.