Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Originally from foodtv.com, this recipe is a family favorite.
- 5 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (14 ounce) package sweetened flaked coconut
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine milk, sugar and vanilla. Stir well until incorporated. Add coconut and stir well to combine.
- With a tablespoon, scoop out 1 tablespoon portions onto a baking sheet. With wet hands roll the candies into rounds. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- In a double boiler or bowl over simmering water, melt the chocolate chips. Transfer chocolate into a room temperature bowl.
- Using 2 toothpicks dip coconut balls into chocolate to completely cover. Shake off excess and place on rack over a baking sheet covered with foil or wax paper. Refrigerate candies to harden.