Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 40 mins
Cook 30 mins
Easy, quick, colourful and sweet. Use a cookie sheet with sides for easier prepartion. Add enough food colour to make the slice the shade you choose. You can do 1/2 with uncoloured icing and 1/2 with a colour
- Blend the 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup butter.
- Add 1 egg mix well.
- Blend 1 cup flour and 1 teaspoon baking powder.
- When well blended press into a cookie sheet. Bake at 350' for 25 30 minutes.
- Blend together 1 cup coconut, 1 cup icing sugar, 3 Tablespoons melted butter and the food colouring.
- When well blended add just enough hot water to make it spreadable.
- Ice while still warm.
Mmmmmmmmm I love this recipe! Brings back good food memories. I'd forgotten how easy it is to make.