Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This makes a very creamy coconut ice cream with subtle after tastes. The Apricot sauce goes well with the flavors in the ice cream.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup caster sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 ounces white chocolate baking squares
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 (13 1/2 ounce) cans unsweetened coconut milk
- 1⁄2 cup Malibu rum
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup Grand Marnier
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Ice Cream:.
- Heat cream, vanilla extract, almond extract, cinnamon, sugar and coconut milk in a saucepan, bring to a heavy simmer but don’t boil.
- Stir in chunks of white chocolate baking squares, allow them to melt.
- Once mixture is smooth mix in 2 egg yokes and Malibu rum; mix until egg is completely incorporated.
- Remove from heat and let cool in the refrigerator 1-2 hours.
- Prepare ice cream machine and add mixture.
- Process until completed using manufacturer’s instructions.
- Place in freezer for a day.
- In a food processor combine dried apricots, water, sugar, and cayenne pepper. Puree until very smooth.
- In a sauce pan add the mixture from the processor.
- Add butter.
- Heat to a boil, over medium heat; reduce heat.
- Stir in Grand Marnier.
- The sauce is best served at a medium heat, not enough to melt the ice cream too fast though.