Patty Mae's Note:
This recipe was inspired by the coconut ice cream served at our local Thai restaurant. Prep time does not include time required for chilling mixture.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix half-and-half, cinnamon sticks, and salt in a heavy-bottomed saucepan.
- 2Heat to scalding, stirring occasionally and being careful not to boil.
- 3Reduce heat to and let simmer about 15 minutes to allow the cinnamon flavor to infuse the mixture. Remove cinnamon stick.
- 4Slowly whisk about half cup of the hot half-and-half mixture into the egg yolks, then slowly whisk the egg mixture back into the saucepan.
- 5Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens slightly.
- 6Add all remaining ingredients except coconut. Cool in refrigerator for at least an hour.
- 7Pour cold mixture into ice cream container and process according to manufacturer's instructions.
- 8If your ice cream machine has an "add in" chute, add the coconut after the ice cream starts to thicken, otherwise stir it in after it's done.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (141 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 367.0
- Calories from Fat 310
- Total Fat 34.4 g
- Saturated Fat 28.6 g
- Cholesterol 77.8 mg
- Sodium 173.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 5.3 g