Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Loved these when I was very young,
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon liquid glucose
- 1⁄2 cup milk or 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- red food coloring
- Place sugar, glucose and liquid into a saucepan.
- Bring to the boil, stirring constantly.
- When the mixture reaches 236F on the candy thermometer, remove from heat and pour equal quantities into two basins to cool. When cold, colour one half with a few drops of red food colouring.
- Divide coconut and add to both; beat till thick.
- Put into a greased tin, pressing firmly.
- Allow to become quite cold before cutting.