Recipe by Ambassadress of GoodHumor
Requires a bit of advance preparation, but well worth the planning
Top Review by clw721
I love this cake and so did everyone else who ate it. I did use the cake mix extender (found on this site) to help increase the height of each layer. Also this cake is soooo easy to make. I plan on making this for Thanksgiving this year but will eliminate the coconut, since not everyone likes coconut. This can easily be made a few days ahead. It keeps fresh in the refridgerator.
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (16 ounce) container whipped topping
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen coconut, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- One day in advance, mix the filling.
- Cover, and keep in the refrigerator overnight.
- The next day bake cake mix according to directions on package.
- When cool, slice cakes crosswise to make four layers.
- Spread filling between layers.
- (Be generous!).
- Spread final layer on top of cake.
- This should be kept in the refrigerator, and will keep up to a week.