Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Traditional Scottish recipe. (3rd generation)
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 drops red food coloring
- Put Sugar, Milk & Butter into a saucepan.
- Stir until Sugar is dissolved.
- Heat to boiling point + boil for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and add the Coconut & Vanilla. Beat until creamy and mixture starts to sugar slightly at edge of saucepan.
- Pour 1/2 into pre-butterred tray.
- Mix food colouring into remainder, then pour into the tray.
- Let cool slightly before marking into squares.
- Chill, then brake into squares once set.