Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is just the same as the first coconut ice, except this one has the right measures so it will set properly, you really will get a kick out of it, so please try it, it's very popular with all the family. UPDATED - now corrected
- 4 3⁄4 cups icing sugar
- 2 3⁄4 cups coconut
- 1 (375 g) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- pink food coloring
- Line a 19cm cake pan with foil.
- Sift icing sugar into a bowl, stir in coconut then milk and egg white. stir until well combined.
- Press half of mixture into pan,.
- Tint remaining mixture pink.
- Spread over first layer.
- Refrigerate for several hours, preferably over night, once set cut into whatever size you wish.
- Can be made a week ahead.
Nice treat for your sweet tooth. Mine didn't set up completely either, but it still tasted good. Made for October 2010 Think Pink Tag.
Although this is quite a delicious confection, I found that it did not set properly. I followed the directions as given. Perhaps it needed to sit for longer. I was not going to waste the batch so I spread the coconut ice mixture on to milk coffee biscuits and they were great.
Very yummy! I made these for a Christmas function and part of some Christmas gifts. I think there may be a mistake with the recipe because I didn't think 1/4 cup coconut was enough for 4 3/4 cup of icing sugar, so I used 4 1/4 cups of coconut and it seem to mix together. Once I figured this out it was so easy to prepare. Everyone at the Christmas party really enjoyed these, there was none left on the plate. Thank you for posting Perfect Pixie