Recipe by mandabears
This has some different ingredients than the other Hummingbird cakes already posted. It is a recipe from Home Cooking and Evelyn Lett, we really enjoy this luscious fruity cake
Top Review by Peggy Lynn
Excellent recipe--thanks for posting this-The only change I made was to frost with a cream cheese frosting which turned out great. Mine was just right baked for 60 mins-A moist, flavorful, perfect cake!:)-PeggyLynn
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package yellow cake mix, i use duncan hines
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix or 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package coconut cream pudding mix
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice, drained and reserve juice
- water, enough when mixed with pineapple juice to equal 1 cup
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup flaked or flaked coconut
- 1⁄4 cup halved maraschino cherry, well drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour 10 inch bundt or tube pan, I use Bakers Joy spray.
- Combine cake mix, pudding mix, oil, pineapple, 1 cup juice and water mixture, eggs and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Beat on low speed until moistened.
- Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes.
- Stir in banana, pecans, coconut and cherries.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 25 minutes.
- Invert on plate.
- Dust with sifted confectioners sugar.