These yummy little bites are the perfect addition to any holiday cookie platter. They are quick to make, taste spicy and sweet and are just very special. I hope youll enjoy them as much as we did. The original comes from famour German chef Tim Mälzer, however I have modified them quite a bit to be healthier. These cookies dry out quite quickly, so slice them right before serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1First dry toast your coconut in a skillet until nicely browned and fragrant. Let cool.
- 2In a big bowl mix honey, applesauce and egg.
- 3In a second bowl combine flour, baking powder, spices, sugar, cocoa powder and coconut. Add this to the wet ingredients and stir to combine. Your dough will be rather soft, but you should be able to knead it. If its too wet for this, add a bit more flour.
- 4Place dough onto a paper-lined baking sheet and pat into a rectangle of about 1 inch/2 cm in height.
- 5Bake in the preheated oven at 170°C/350°F for about 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- 6Allow to cool and slice into about 25 small cubes.
- 7If you like you can drizzle the cubes with melted chocolate and add some coconut on top.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut-Honey-Gingerbread-Squares
Serving Size: 1 (349 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 41.4
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 8.4 mg
- Sodium 30.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 0.8 g