Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I hadn't had these in years until a friend of mine gave this to me. It's a pretty old recipe and you just don't see it much in cook books any more. They are super easy to make and so good to eat.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix sugar with salt.
- Mix sugar mixture with coconut.
- Mix in eggs.
- Butter one large cookie sheet.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls on cookie sheet and shape like small haystacks.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Cool 5 minutes then remove from sheet.
- Before adding any spices to this recipe, if you have never had these before, you should make them plain like the recipe is first then decide if you want to add any thing else. We like them the way they are.
- You may be surprised at the flavor as they are.
- Recipe does not include cooling time.
These are fantastic! They do brown very quickly, so I had to reduce the heat and place an empty cookie sheet on the bottom rack of the oven. I put 1/2 a marischino cherry on top of each cookie before baking, and they were soooo good!
This has to be the easiest, quickest and tastiest cookie recipe I've ever made! I got a call saying the grandkids were on the way and by the time they got here 35 minutes later, I had warm cookies waiting for them. What a great recipe! Thank you for posting. Made for Karen's Cookathon at KittenCal's Kitchen.
thankkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkyou soooooooooooooooooooooooooo much.