Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great side dish, just a little bit different.
Make and share this Coconut Ginger Rice recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flaked coconut, toasted
- lemon slice (to garnish)
- Heat broth, coconut milk and ginger to boiling in saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Stir in rice.
- Heat to boiling, reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer 15 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Add lemon rind and green onions; fluff rice lemon rind and onions lightly with fork to mix.
- Garnish with coconut and lemon slices.
This is extremely smooth and creamy - almost reminds me of risotto in texture. I used short-grain rice and a 1:1 mix of water and broth, instead of 2 cups of broth. Makes a good side dish or a lunch with some fruit.
Something a little different, but very tasty. Liked the creaminess of the rice, and the hint of ginger. I served this with a tomato chicken dish I make. Thanks for posting. =)
Such a delicious recipe! I only made one change, and that was to omit the green onion and lemon rind, and to stir in 2 tablespoons of orange marmalade instead. I also added salt and pepper. This is the PERFECT mix of sweet and savory! I did taste the rice before stirring in the orange, and it was fabulous without it too! I served it with Citrus Ginger Dump Chicken, which is the reason I added the orange marmalade, to compliment the flavors, and with steamed carrots, cauliflower, and broccoli. I did use Jasmine rice, and I had exactly 1/2 cup coconut milk left from my can! It was a wonderful meal that I will absolutely repeat!