Recipe by FLKeysJen
This sauce is served at The Grit Vegetarian Restaurant in Athens, Georgia over pressed, sauteed and seasoned tofu, sauteed broccoli, carrots and mushrooms and udon noodles. From The Grit Cookbook.
Top Review by Mama Cee Jay
Delicious and versatile sauce! It would go great with a variety of meats and vegetables. I prepared simply as a vegetarian lunch with edamame and chinese wheat noodles. Yum!
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 44.37 ml finely minced fresh ginger
- 29.58 ml finely minced garlic
- 2 (793.78 g) can coconut milk
- 118.29 ml shredded coconut (sweetened or unsweetened as desired)
- 59.14 ml soy sauce
- 59.14 ml apricot preserves
- 4.92 ml hot chili sauce (they use Sriracha brand)
- 3.69 ml salt
- 2.46 ml ginger powder
- 1.23 ml turmeric
- 1.23 ml coriander
- 1.23 ml cayenne pepper
- 19.71 ml cornstarch
- 118.29 ml water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a two quart saucepan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat and add minced fresh ginger and garlic. Saute until slightly browned, then add all other ingredients except cornstarch and water. Bring mixture to a gentle boil.
- Blend cornstarch into water and add to sauce. Stir frequently, bringing mixture to a full boil for at least one minute or until slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat and serve over the vegetables, noodles and protein of your choice.