Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
From the mahatma rice website.
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk, divided
- 1 (5 ounce) mahatma chicken rice pilaf mix
- 1 tablespoon ginger, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced, divided
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 (10 ounce) can canned chicken, drained
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- In a medium saucepan bring 1 cup coconut milk and 2/3 cups water to a boil. Add mix, cover, reduce heat to low and cook 25 minutes. In a small saucepan bring remaining coconut milk to a boil and reduce by ½. Remove from heat and stir in 1/4 tablespoon ginger, 1/4 teaspoon garlic, lime juice, and zest, if desired. Reserve.
- In a medium bowl, combine yogurt, remaining ginger and garlic and brown sugar. Fold chicken, cilantro and peppers into prepared rice. Serve with coconut sauce.
- Perfect in a Wrap or Pita!