Recipe by graci126
A brownie that's refreshingly adult. My sister's absolute favorite. Made it so many times I no longer remember where I got it from.
Top Review by cookiedog
A great recipe for anyone who loves candied ginger. These have the texture of a brownie but are filled with the flavors of coconut and ginger. They taste even better the second day.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup crystallized ginger, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line 8" x 8" square baking pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Combine flour, baking powder, ginger, and salt in small bowl. Set aside.
- In small saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Once melted, remove from heat and stir in brown sugar until dissolved. Let cool for a bit before adding egg, and vanilla.
- Slowly add flour mix into saucepan, stirring until just mixed. Add in coconut and crystallized ginger. Pour batter into pan and spread evenly. Bake 25-30 minutes, until lightly browned on top.