Who knew melted ice cream could make such a delicious cake? This is lightly flavoured with coconut and is a hit at parties... it's fabulous for making cake balls too!
- 591.47 ml vanilla ice cream, softened (Haagen Dazs is GF)
- 1 egg
- 2.46 ml coconut extract
- 7.39 ml gluten-free vanilla extract
- 236.59 ml brown rice flour
- 118.29 ml coconut flour
- 118.29 ml tapioca starch
- 4.92 ml guar gum
- 7.39 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 59.14 ml nonpareils (Wilton and Cake Mate are GF) or 59.14 ml round candy sprinkles (Wilton and Cake Mate are GF)
- Preheat the oven to 350F and grease a 9x5" loaf pan.
- Beat the ice cream, egg and extracts until very creamy and soft.
- Add the flours, tapioca starch, guar gum, baking soda, baking powder and salt, beating to combine.
- Fold in the nonpareils.
- Spread in the pan and smooth the top.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until a knife inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Cool completely in the pan before turning out.