Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Who knew melted ice cream could make such a delicious cake? This is lightly flavoured with coconut and is a hit at parties... it's fabulous for making cake balls too!
- 2 1⁄2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened (Haagen Dazs is GF)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1⁄2 tablespoon gluten-free vanilla extract
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1⁄2 cup coconut flour
- 1⁄2 cup tapioca starch
- 1 teaspoon guar gum
- 1⁄2 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup nonpareils (Wilton and Cake Mate are GF) or 1⁄4 cup round candy sprinkles (Wilton and Cake Mate are GF)
- Preheat the oven to 350F and grease a 9x5" loaf pan.
- Beat the ice cream, egg and extracts until very creamy and soft.
- Add the flours, tapioca starch, guar gum, baking soda, baking powder and salt, beating to combine.
- Fold in the nonpareils.
- Spread in the pan and smooth the top.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until a knife inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Cool completely in the pan before turning out.