Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3⁄4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened flaked coconut, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup golden brown sugar
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temp
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup cream of coconut (I Like Coco Lopez)
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut, toasted
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 5 tablespoons whipping cream
- 5 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 1⁄3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup sliced sweetened flaked coconut, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wrap foil around outside of a 9-inch-diameter springform pan with 2 3/4 inch high sides.
- Blend all ingredients for the crust in processor until nuts are ground and crumbs stick together.
- Press crust mixture over bottom and 2 inch set, about 10 minutes.
- In mixer, beat cream cheese, sugar and extract in large bowl to blend.
- Beat in cream of coconut, shredded coconut, and flour.
- Add eggs 1 at a time, beating until just combined.
- Pour filling into crust.
- Bake until top is brown and center is almost set for about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Transfer to rack and cool.
- Cover and chill overnight.
- Bring cream and syrup to a simmer in a medium saucepan.
- Remove from heat.
- Add chocolate chips; whisk until smooth.
- Cool to just lukewarm.
- Pour topping over cake.
- Sprinkle edge with almonds and coconut.
- Chill until topping is set for about 2 hours.
This cheesecake is delicious! I made it for a family event and everyone loved it.