1/1 Photo of Coconut Fudge Brownies
Tisy Adams's Note:
Very good brownies!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the brownies
- 118.29 ml chopped walnuts or 118.29 ml pecans or 118.29 ml almonds
- 113.39 g semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- 118.29 ml all-purpose flour
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 236.59 ml granulated sugar
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 59.14 ml unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
For the topping
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2Spread nuts in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- 3Bake, turning occasionally, until golden, about 5 minutes.
- 4Increase oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- 5Grease an 8-inch square baking pan.
- 6Coarsely chop chocolate.
- 7On a sheet of waxed paper, combine flour and baking powder.
- 8In a large bowl, using an electric mixer set on medium speed, beat sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- 9On low speed, add eggs, cocoa and vanilla; beat until blended.
- 10Add flour mixture; mix to combine.
- 11Stir nuts and chopped chocolate into batter.
- 12Spread batter in prepared pan; smooth top.
- 13Bake brownies until a toothpick inserted in center comes out almost clean, about 35 minutes.
- 14Transfer pan to a wire rack; cool completely.
- 15In a small saucepan, combine cream and brown sugar.
- 16Bring to boil and cook until mixture register 242 degrees on a candy thermometer.
- 17Remove from heat; cool completely.
- 18Whisk in butter until fluffy.
- 19Spread topping over brownies.
- 20Sprinkle with toasted coconut.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Fudge Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (48 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 315.6
- Calories from Fat 206
- Total Fat 22.9 g
- Saturated Fat 13.7 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 101.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 21.9 g
- Protein 3.0 g