I have been making this fruit cake every Christmas for over 50 years.Even those who don't care for fruit cake will enjoy this one. Can be kept well sealed in the refrigerator for up to a year. Great baked in my 4 small bread pans
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups seedless raisins
- 2 cups coconut
- 1⁄2 cup citrus peel, chopped
- 1 cup candied cherry, cut in 1/2
- 1⁄2 cup candied pineapple, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup blanched almond, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Line large loaf pan or 2 small loaf pans with parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 325*.
- Beat butter and sugar till creamy.
- Add eggs and extracts.
- Mix well and set aside.
- Combine fruits, nuts, coconut, flour and baking powder.
- Add to butter mixture.
- Spoon batter in prepared pan.
- Bake for 2 – 2½ hours.
- Let cool and wrap up tightly.