Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is my dear mother's recipe. For years we thought this recipe had been lost until I found it tucked away in one of my books! These can be enjoyed any time and are excellent for school lunchboxes.
- 250 ml self-raising flour
- 125 ml sugar
- 250 ml coconut
- 250 ml mixed dried fruit (raisins, candied peel, cranberries)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 125 g butter, melted
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Add fruit.
- Add egg and butter and beat well.
- Press into greased baking sheet and bake at 180C for 20-25 minutes.
- Cut when cool.