Recipe by Chef floWer
Healthy little treats for people with sweet tooths. I've made these during the holiday season to bring to functions and was enjoyed by all. I'm really finicky on getting all the dried fruit the same size so it took me a little longer then 20 mins to put this recipe together.
Top Review by Hanka
Yum!!! What a little treat! I love dry fruit and coconut so these were perfect for me. I like they are healthy and good for you! I used cranberry instead of sultana, add bit a more condensed milk. I made 15 little balls. Perfect after workout as it gives instant energy. Definitely keeper and I am not sharing these little goodies with anyone! :) Made for Aussie/NZ Recipe Swap November 2011. Thank you so much Chef floWer!
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dried dates, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sultana, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup desiccated coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Finely chopped sultanas, dates and apricots and place them in a mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Add cinnamon and mix well.
- Add enough condensed milk (roughly a tablespoon) to make it sticky so the fruit sticks together more easily.
- Place a teaspoon of mixture in palm of hand and mould/squish/squeezing mixture into a small ball.
- Place desiccated coconut on plate and roll balls in desiccated coconut, coating the whole ball.
- Store in refrigerator until your ready to use.