Recipe by Witch Doctor
I admit! The first time I heard of this I said "Say What?" But then I tried them and now when Strawberries are in season, I have them at least once a week. The coconut milk and shredded coconut gives a special flavoring to the strawberries.
- 1 cup pancake batter
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk (or Coco Lopez)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
- 16 strawberries, washed
- powdered sugar (to garnish)
- canola oil (for frying, vegetable oil is fine)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a deep saute pan, add about 2 inches of oil into the pan. Heat the oil using medium heat. Mix one cup pancake batter with the coconut milk. then stir in the shredded coconut. Dip the strawberries into the batter, let the excess batter drip off. Place in the pan and fry until golden brown. Using a slotted spoon, remove the strawberries, and drain on paper towels prior to serving. Transfer strawberries to a serving platter and dust with powdered sugar.
- Serve with a bowl of strawberry ice cream and garnish with fresh mint.