1/1 Photo of Coconut Fried Shrimp With Dipping Sauce - Bobby Deen
Everything Sweet's Note:
This is courtesy of Bobby Deen and the food network. If you love coconut shrimp, you will love this recipe!! The coconut actually sticks to the shrimp and the sauce is great! Very how much red pepper flakes to taste and enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 118.29 ml orange marmalade
- 19.71 ml rice wine vinegar
- 2.46 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- peanut oil (for frying)
- 1Dipping Sauce:.
- 2Add all the sipping sauce ingredients to a pot on a low temperature. Heat for 10 minutes, making sure you stir ingredients every few minutes.
- 3In a large, heavy pot, heat 2-inches of the peanut oil to 325degrees f. Or use a deep fryer.
- 4Meanwhile in a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and baking powder. Add the water and whisk until smooth. Let the batter stand for 15 minutes.
- 5In a wide shallow bowl, toss the coconut and bread crumbs together.
- 6Put the shrimp into the batter. Remove the shrimp, 1 at a time, and dredge in the coconut mixture, pressing to help the cocnut adhere.
- 7Fry the shrimp in batches in the hot oil for 1 to 2 minutes or until brown. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the shrimp to a baking sheet lined with paper towels.
- 8Serve the shrimp with the dipping sauce.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Fried Shrimp With Dipping Sauce - Bobby Deen
Serving Size: 1 (177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 537.7
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 238.9 mg
- Sodium 1943.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 40.5 g
- Protein 30.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar