Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My Pop makes this and boy is it good! A great appetizer or a meal in itself!! Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
- Mix batter ingredients (first 5 ingredients) until well blended; some lumps in your batter are okay.
- Dip shrimp, one at a time in the batter, roll in coconut to coat, and place on wax paper.
- Heat 1/4-inch of oil in skillet. (To test is oil is hot enough for frying, take a chunk of bread and place it in the oil; if it crisps easily, it's ready).
- Fry shrimp 7-8 at a time for 1 minute on each side until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
- TIP: further chop the coconut so it is fine. This prevents clumping.