"Food:The Way To Anyone's Heart"'s Note:
My Pop makes this and boy is it good! A great appetizer or a meal in itself!! Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix batter ingredients (first 5 ingredients) until well blended; some lumps in your batter are okay.
- 2Dip shrimp, one at a time in the batter, roll in coconut to coat, and place on wax paper.
- 3Heat 1/4-inch of oil in skillet. (To test is oil is hot enough for frying, take a chunk of bread and place it in the oil; if it crisps easily, it's ready).
- 4Fry shrimp 7-8 at a time for 1 minute on each side until golden brown.
- 5Drain on paper towels.
- 6Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
- 7TIP: further chop the coconut so it is fine. This prevents clumping.
Browse Our Top < 15 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Fried Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (1153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 187.6
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 32.9 mg
- Sodium 119.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 5.2 g