Recipe by cates.shannon
Soy-free, low-carb pancakes. These taste really great with butter and just a smidge of sugar-free syrup. Try adding 1/2 tsp vanilla extract to the batter.
Top Review by jemthebrewer
I was looking for a recipe that was "Whole30 compliant" (basically Paleo...dairy and gluten free). Trying several other recipes yielded disappointing results. Adapting this recipe to my needs, I used almond butter in place of regular butter, and coconut milk in place of heavy cream. I also bumped up the quantity of coconut milk to twice the amount that is listed for heavy cream (ie for every egg used, 2 TBS of coconut milk). These cakes turned out great. Nutty, fairly moist and quite filling.
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons Splenda granular
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 4 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together butter, cream, Splenda, salt, and eggs.
- In another bowl, combine coconut flour and baking powder.
- Mix dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat and grease lightly with oil or butter.
- Spoon batter onto skillet to make pancakes about 3 inches in diameter.