Recipe by Rose Wall
Inspired by the recipe on detoxinista.com, I changed this cookie recipe to my own tastes (heh) and put it up here for the world to see; while the original recipe calls for chocolate chips, I prefer to have the chocolate mixed evenly into the batter itself. The honey can be exchanged with maple syrup, and the coconut is entirely optional (I don't even measure how much I use, actually). These cookies are gluten free and grain free.
- 1⁄3 cup coconut flour
- 1⁄4 coconut oil, melted
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup dark chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup coconut, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350F and put parchment paper onto the cooking tray.
- In a medium to large bowl, mix together all of the ingredients until a uniform batter is made. The batter may seem runny initially, but it will thicken as the coconut flour absorbs more of the moisture.
- Place about one tablespoon amounts of dough onto the cooking tray. You will need to flatten them with your hands because these cookies will retain whatever shape they're in and not flatten out in the oven.
- Bake at 350F for 12-14 minutes. Allow them to cool on the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool them completely.